Monday, February 23, 2015

Restoring Focus




             Today I received this bit of scripture from a friend:

“And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you STRONG, FIRM, and STEADFAST. To Him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.” 1 Peter 5:10-11

            Today is the day that I needed to hear that. Today is the day that I have been dreading. It is a reminder of things of the past that still stings and yet so many have come along side me and held me up. Today I have witnessed patience. Today I have experienced so much support in such few words. He knew today would be hard, so He sent His love in the form of my wonderful friends and in the form of sunshine and light breezes. He sent His love in the form of an overwhelming chapel and sending His presence. Today I felt God, and I know it’s because I needed it.

            Every day in my Biblical Worldview Class we pray at the start. And every day at the end of the prayer my professor says “Lord, restore to us the joy of your salvation”. I look forward to praying those words every single time. Restoration of the Lord’s joy is exactly what I am seeking. And then receiving that verse today with the word “restore” in it, it is only clearer that God is moving. God moved today. He moved and met me where I am. He showed Himself on a day where fear was all I felt. He wrapped His arms around me.

            Another verse stuck out to me today:

“When you go through deep waters, I will be with you” Isaiah 43:2.

            I saw it scrolling on my Facebook feed and decided that it was something I needed to remind myself of more often. I saved the picture and made it the back ground on my phone. That may seem silly but it has taken me a long time to get back to a place where I believe that. It has taken me months of tears, anger, and encouragement from those who love me to believe that God is with me and that He never left.

            Today was not a dark dreary upsetting day like I thought it would be. The sun came out and I noticed flowers were blooming. I was reminded over and over again that no matter my circumstance, God is with me and will carry me. He is restoring me. And He is using those around me to show his endless love.


            Today might mark a day that really hurts to remember, but today God did not let that be the focus. Instead He became the focus and is restoring my soul to Himself. I could not be more grateful.

1 comment: