Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I am the Sea

10/1/14

In life, people always compare their tough situation to an ocean. They say their life is like the raging sea, and there are howling winds knocking them down. Though that may be true, that's not how I feel.

Most days, I feel like I am the sea itself. Uncontrollable and utterly lost. Deep, confusing, vast, and wide. Some days I am calm and a place where others can come to relax or have fun, other days I am raging and stormy and a place of danger.

But the thing is, God created the sea, and all of its wonder. He created me too. He created me to go through the waves of life, no matter how rough they are. And more importantly, He is the only one who can calm the sea just by stretching out His hand.

He is calming the sea of my soul. Today, and everyday.

1 comment: