Saturday, November 1, 2014

•• { Forgive Me } ••

I have to apologize. For a lack of faith. I'm sorry I never waited for you. I'm sorry I was in such a hurry to find what I thought was love. I'm sorry for not trusting God's timing. I'm sorry for hoping you were someone else. Forgive me for losing myself. Forgive me for putting someone else in your place. Forgive me for giving pieces of my heart away and not to you. I'm sorry for having to write this at all. But I suppose we live through our experiences for a reason, even the ones we are sorry for.

 I pray that wherever you are and who ever you are that you are finding God. I hope you trust him more than I do. I hope you love him with your whole heart. I hope you like who you are. I pray you are leading a life so full that you don't feel like your missing any pieces. I hope you are filling your mind with knowledge and filling your heart with truth. I hope your learning to be a spiritual leader. I hope you love music. And I hope that you love tradition. I pray that you like steak and potatoes. I hope you like romantic comedies. I hope that you want to see places you have never been and that you want to tell people about Jesus. I hope you value education and value people. I pray you are everything and nothing I expect. I pray that you are these things and more.

But most of all I pray. Every single day. For you, whoever you are, and for who you will become. I am praying that we will come together at the right time and be an example of faith. I won't stop praying. I hope you're praying too.

2 comments:

  1. This would make a wonderful song lyric. I have one similar but this one is even better. Love this thinking. Grammy

    ReplyDelete